What do we do first?
- Set up 24-7 Security with Night Vision and Communications. Our post on Country Security can help. If you are stuck in the city, put together a neighborhood security watch. See Urban Security Plan. and the Security Patrol Pack post. City dwellers should be prepared for Rioting and Looting. The Prepper Handbook, available for $4.99 on Amazon, outlines a detailed home security plan.
- Set up your Intruder Alarm systems and trip wires so you can detect unwanted visitors. Expect a Power Outage soon, if it has not already occurred. If you do have power, black it out at night, so you do not attract people to your home during the most difficult time to defend it.
- Move your cars to set up a protective cover around your house to better secure the area. Block the road/drive to restrict access to unwanted guests.
- Distribute Ammo at strategic lookout points and cache some off site for future needs (should already be done). Hopefully you have enough Ammo.
- If conditions permit, make one last trip out (armed) to stock up on any last minute supplies as in the future, Salvaging may be the only way left. Use credit cards as long as they are accepted. Then you should have enough cash to cover inflated prices while "Only Cash" is being accepted. Then have enough Silver and goods for Barter after paper money becomes worthless. First Aid supplies will become important soon.
- Store all the Water you can. Fill tubs, pots, bottles, etc.
- Reach out to your neighbors. Set up Communications and begin to develop Actionable Intelligence.
- Initiate Pandemic precautions if necessary.
- Rehearse your Group Security Drills (should already be done).
- Along the road, or near the church, plant some Turnip seeds for the masses, perhaps some other Seeds for Survival. Turnips are cheap, grow well and are ready to eat in 20 days. This is for your defense because if people are starving, they will be willing to kill to feed their children.
- Hunker down, stay hidden and quite. Do not draw attention to yourself. Communicate only with trusted neighbors. Try to survive the next few days without any casualties. Then start trying to organize your neighborhood. The Prepper Handbook, available for $4.99 on Amazon, outlines a detailed neighborhood organization plan.
Blog Table of Contents
Power Outage Preps
Power Outage Heater
DIY Solar System
The SHTF Day One
Survive a 2 week Power Outage
Alone Survival Show Pack Contents