Lets look at a list:
- A seven (7) day supply of Food and Water so you don't have to leave home. More is better, but if you are a Beginner, this will cover most riots and give the national guard time to get things under control.
- Smoke alarms, Fire Extinguishers and an emergency evacuation plan.
- Intruder Detection - Window, Door Alarms, Motion detecting Security Alarms & Cameras to alert you night or day if some one is approaching your house.
- A Thermal Vision scope to see at night (under $600) or lower cost Night Vision.
- AMMO - Non-Lethal rubber shot gun bullets might be your first round of defense. If this doesn't stop them, then the next round might be bird shot, followed by buck shot. Here is a link to determine how much AMMO you need.
- A good Home Security Plan and Neighbor Hood Plan is even better.
For additional information see the following links:
Blog Table of Contents
Terrorist Attack - Best Preparations
What Do You Do If There is a Mass Riot??
7 Must Have Tools and Gadgets To Survive a Riot